Position Title: Event WiFi Tech – Contractor / Freelance
Support WiFi Engineer to provide WiFi and system performance support for deployments throughout North America at corporate events, outdoor events, conferences, etc.
- Experience working in a live event environment desired
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with a focus on providing white-glove customer service in a dynamic environment; reliable, self-sufficient
- Enterprise network engineering and management experience
- Familiar with WiFi planning tools
- Experience with WiFi test equipment and spectrum analyzer
- Familiarity with Samsung Wireless, Ruckus Wireless, Mikrotik, Cisco and HP networking equipment a plus
- In-depth knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems, as well as iOS, Android and other device-based operating systems
- Networking – subnetting, VLAN, DHCP and Wireless
- Familiarity with audio visual, digital signage, lighting and other systems driving the event experience in terms of their reliance on WiFi
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with WiFi Engineer to fully understand WiFi system design, performance and optimization
- Coordinate, oversee or perform system optimization of WiFi systems before and during all event hours
- Configure, test, and commission WiFi access points
- Optimize WiFi networks
- Support new technology trials
- On show site, modify systems by select sites, conducting Spectrum tests, analyzing data, and preparing customer documentation
- Leverage empirical and predictive design tools
- Perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades
- Utilize company operational process workflow systems
Minimum of one (1) year experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting WiFi networks including APs and controllers. Event IT experience a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email email@example.com with your resume attached, and any additional information you think we should know about you.