The Event WiFi Lead Tech will support the WiFi Engineer to provide WiFi and system performance support for deployments throughout North America at corporate events, outdoor events, conferences, etc.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in the dynamic energy of live events and is always looking to improve the client experience. We have spent over a decade building a trusted brand, and it is vital that we find team members who have the same passion and drive to uphold our reputation. This role will need a person who has drive, is a little scrappy, and thrives on being the genius backstage who makes it all work. This position is ideal for someone who would rather be heading up mission control than be the astronaut.
- Experience working in a live event environment desired
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with a focus on providing white-glove client
service in a dynamic environment; reliable, self-sufficient
- Enterprise network engineering and management experience a plus
- Familiar with WiFi planning tools
- Experience with WiFi test equipment and spectrum analyzer
- Familiarity with Ruckus Wireless, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, Cisco and HP networking equipment a plus
- In-depth knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems, as well as iOS, Android and other device-based operating systems
- Experience in networking architecture – subnetting, VLAN, DHCP and Wireless
- Familiarity with audio visual, digital signage, lighting and other systems driving the event experience
in terms of their reliance on WiFi
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with WiFi Engineer to fully understand and support WiFi system design, performance and optimization
- Coordinate, oversee, or perform system optimization of WiFi systems before and during all event hours
- Configure, test and commission WiFi access points; install equipment and cables as needed
- Optimize WiFi networks
- Support new technology trials
- On show site, modify systems by select sites, conducting Spectrum tests, analyzing data, and preparing client documentation
- Leverage empirical and predictive design tools
- Perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades
- Utilize company operational process workflow systems
- Participate in organization and inventory management of Brown Pelican equipment at company facility, as well as permanent installations, using company’s inventory system
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting WiFi networks including APs and controllers. Event IT experience is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email email@example.com with your resume attached, and any additional information you think we should know about you.