Technical Project Manager
We are looking for an individual who thrives in the dynamic energy of live events and is always looking to improve the client experience and internal processes. We have spent over a decade building a trusted brand, and it is vital that we find team members who have the same passion and drive to uphold our reputation. This role will need a person who has drive, is a little scrappy, and can work with all personalities and leave them beaming and wanting more.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, defining the project’s objectives, and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Experience working in a live event environment is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, reliable and self-sufficient, focusing on providing white-glove customer service in a dynamic environment; reliable, self-sufficient
- Ability to manage multi-dimensional projects and excel in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with multiple priorities
- Proven ability to develop, document, and maintain project plans, including designing and documenting detailed process flows.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact appropriately with all levels of leadership and collaborate with a variety of individuals to achieve desired results
- Good understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry requirements and demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge to support business needs
- Knowledge of networking and WiFi is highly desired
Essential Job Functions
- Leads plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organization as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate technical and logistical project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Perform site surveys at project inception to help determine the best course of action for the network plan.
- Evaluate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Work with sales and management to draft and submit project budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Work with the Engineer and tech team to manage drawings, diagrams, floor plans and other documentation necessary to build and maintain the networking plan for each project.
- Determine and assess the need for additional project staff and/or consultants during the project cycle.
- Maintain direct communication with clients at all phases of the project life cycle.
- Respond to any scope change requests from the client and get budget approval prior to making any changes.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path implications; keep all project production schedules up to date as needed
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Track and report the status of project activities, milestones and project deliverables
- Lead day-to-day project activities required to execute the project on time and on budget
- Build, manage, and train project management team.
- College degree or military experience desired
- 4+ years of broad-ranging, hands-on experience in project management and IT, including resource planning and budgeting, preferred